Booking restrictions due to the third national lockdown
From Tuesday 5th January.
Produced by Stephen and Angelina Ellis
Tuesday 5th January 2021
Following the government announcement of a third national lockdown, bookings at Churston Way Lodge Guest House, for the period from 5th January 2021 until further notice, will be restricted to travel for work purposes and for a limited number of other exemptions:
- is unable to return to their main residence
- needs it while moving house
- needs it to attend a funeral, linked commemorative event or following a bereavement of a close family member or friend
- is an elite athlete (or their coach or parent ) and needs it for training or competition
- needs it for work purposes, or to provide voluntary or charitable service
- needs it to attend education or training
- to visit a person who is dying
- to care for a vulnerable person or seek respite from doing so
- to attend a medical appointment or treatment
- for any purpose requested by the Secretary of State, or a local authority
If you want to book a stay with us for dates during this period, and you are eligible to stay, please call us on 01803 853315. For this period bookings will only be taken by telephone.
Although no end date has been announced for the lockdown, we don’t expect it to end before the February half term, although some sources suggest it might not finish until Easter, (in early April). Details of the national lockdown, and how it affects accommodation businesses such as Churston Way Lodge, can be found on the government website: gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home…
We are still accepting bookings for later in the year, but these will be subject to rules laid down by the government at the time.
A summary of our COVID Policy can be found here: COVID-19 - What to expect when you stay with us
Our more detailed Covid-19 Policy can be found here: COVID-19 - Policy
We look forward to seeing you again in later in the year.
All the best
Stephen & Angelina